Follow Twitter Button

Sunday 21 August 2011

Finally got back racing after long term injury

Well I finally got back into the Brownbacks Racing after a while out on the sidelines.  Injury-free and a little fitter than couch potatoe - but not too much fitter than that - I managed to get racing again.

The course at Lee Quarry was one which went around the outside perimeter and it was heavy and uphill in places (I ended up with a few get-off-and-push parts to the course) but that is probably down to sheer fitness, or lack of it.

The event is extremely well run, as I remembered from 2009, and quite exciting to get off the start line.  I just didn't remember my lungs being turned inside out at the first race in the previous series I raced in. This was until I got to the top of the quarry on lap 2.  Then I remembered!  Leg burn and heart rate were definitely in need of a speed check.

I'll have to wait to check on the actual laps completed, I think it was 5 or 6 but it's so easy to lose count after concentrating on simply hanging on, particularly on the last lap when I know I could have easily fallen off.

A video will be available on Vimeo soon.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know that you are in a good condition now.thanks for sharing your story.


    mountain bike trails Philippines
    http://www.nuvali.ph/bikers-ready-nuvali-dirt-weekend-2011

    ReplyDelete