Follow Twitter Button

Sunday 29 March 2009

How Windy was Saturday?

On the look out for a new local trail, in readiness for the longer nights, I managed to pick the windiest weekend for ages!

Local trails are sometimes a bit too obvious to find, sometimes just right under your nose and so you look past them, well that's my theory anyway because I managed to do 10 miles without really going anywhere.

Although I did come across some random tent pitched across a path/bridleway which was rather strange, followed 100 metres further on by kids burning whatever they could find in a small wood, didn't hang about there for long as you could imagine. An interesting Saturday morning.

I did find myself in Horbury though, and for some reason I've never really noticed what Horbury was like before. It was clearly larger than the small town I'd giving it credit for, not really noticed the church or historic buildings (an old hospital building marked by stone masonry, for example). The houses in some parts were also large and hidden away, it just looked like a place of reasonable wealth in yesteryear, but still had a village type appeal.

Back to riding and although I didn't really hit too many hills, the ride was a good work out, need to now inspect the map and try to find more off-road sections in the same area to connect the sections, but I did manage to puncture both front and rear tyres which was annoying, both from thorns off bushes.

Next week: Towbar fitted to car + ride local to towbar garage, followed by day at Dalby Forest.

1 comment:

  1. Black trail vid, (bottom vid), looks quality! Actually too tricky for my skills, but still want to give it a go! http://www.purplemountain.co.uk/index.php/bikeroutes

    ReplyDelete